10.7.12

Happy Tuesday!

The classes here are finally in full swing! I have a quiz on Thursday and we're already starting to talk about test dates. It's overwhelming in a way because there is so little time and so little that contributes to the final grade; I plan on working hard to make sure everything goes well!

My friends and I have a lot planned for this week! Two of my sisters are leaving on Saturday, and it will definitely be weird living at home without them. On Thursday we plan on getting dinner and seeing a movie as a going away party. Another one of my friends also leaves on Saturday and we want to do something before then as well! I came on this trip thinking that there was no way it could go as fast as everyone says it does, but now I see what they mean. When everyone else is leaving it makes the time fly. It's all counting down. I still can't believe it's already been a week and a half, but at the same time I can't believe it's only been a week and a half. It's a weird feeling but I know that regardless, I have to make the most of my time here. :)

The weather here has been nice, although I'm always one for hotter and hotter weather. The high today is only 79 F.

I've been trying to practice my Spanish as much as possible. I don't know why I didn't realize earlier, but along with learning the language, I'm learning a TON about the culture here and traditions. It is so interesting how somethings here can be so similar to life in the States, but how on the other hand, some things can be so different. Take, for example, daily life. While businesses in cities generally open extremely early, only one or two cafes will be open before 8:30am. On the other hand, there are tons of restaurants that still serve dinner at 11pm. Everything is closed from 2-4pm for siesta...although there is a nap during the day, it seems that most people stay out late and get up early since they get to sleep in the middle of the day. This schedule seems awesome for now but I haven't figured out how it would be in the States yet. It's different and I can definitely live like this for a few weeks. :)

Here are some pictures from Portugal! I have a ton so I'll limit myself:

 Above is downtown Lisboa. I love the ground: everything is covered in black and white tile with intricate patterns.
 The Atlantic!!
 Rachel and I at the top of a castle looking over the city
 A cloudy day for the monastery/cathedral; don't mind the people who got in my picture :(
 Coolest statue I've ever seen, mostly due to is size. It represents the navigators who sailed from Portugal, and faces New York.
 A very intricate cross in a very beautiful cathedral
 My friend Lauren and I right after we ran all the way into the FREEZING Atlantic ocean!
One last cathedral on the way home :)

1 comment:

  1. your picture is cuteamazing .. really like it.. thums up .. thank you for providing :)




    study overseas

    ReplyDelete